Tuesday, July 11, 2006

OPWV Still not a Buy

A few weeks ago I wrote that OPWV - Openwave Systems Inc. was looking attractive at $11 but I felt that shares would go down to at least $9. Well due to a major earnings miss, shares are below $8 today. Hopefully readers took my advice and didn't buy at $11.

So are shares attractive now? I say no. I've seen this sort of thing before. Earnings were way off, and there is still an options semi-scandal hanging over the company. I am waiting until I see some inside buying, especially from the CFO. That would be my buy signal. The only reason the stock is still on my radar is because of the strong growth I see coming in the mobile market, and the part this company could end up playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.